Big Feelings, Bigger God
Discovering God's Care in Good Times and Bad
With Big Feelings, Bigger God, give your kids the tools to navigate their emotions in healthy ways in an increasingly complex world.
Whether our kids are facing anger, sadness, fear, or joy, emotions are overwhelming, and understanding these feelings requires a higher level of understanding. How can you as a parent, teacher, or guardian teach your kids about emotions in fun, simple ways? Show your kids that emotions are a healthy part of life and were given to us by God for our good with an activity-packed devotional! Big Feelings, Bigger God will equip you and your kids to:
- Identify strong emotions
- Understand and process feelings in healthy ways
- Practically apply Bible principles to emotions
- Find belonging in relating to other kids through true-to-life stories
From social media to virtual learning, there are situations that bring up strong feelings that kids are having to experience for the first time. This 13-week devotional is designed for boys and girls ages 6–9 who are learning how to identify, understand, and handle their ever-changing big emotions. Big Feelings, Bigger God offers young readers (and their families) true-to-life stories that depict the entire range of emotions children (and adults) experience.
Each chapter contains a week’s worth (six) of daily devotions that include:
- A short, kid-friendly memory verse from the book of Psalms
- True-to-life stories and Bible stories
- A “Think about It” section with three suggested life-application exercises to encourage finding comfort and hope in God’s Word
- A fun “Take Action” activity to cement the biblical truth in the child’s heart
- A brief prayer model to encourage an ongoing dialogue with God.